Manager, Merchant Strategy & Operations - Acquisition & Success
About the Team
On the Merchant Strategy & Operations team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant selection for Consumers and build products and services for our Merchants to grow their businesses profitably on DoorDash. The Early Merchant Success & Acquisition team partners with Selection, Sales, Onboarding, and Product to increase the number of merchants on DoorDash and deliver these results as quickly as possible after Merchants sign up.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone to lead the end-to-end strategy and execution of Early Merchant Success & Product-led Acquisition to help our restaurants quickly ramp and grow sales on the platform. You’ll get to the lowest level of detail by speaking to Merchants, partnering with our Onboarding/Activations/Sales teams and analyzing our data to develop hypotheses for new ways to achieve your goals. You’ll test these hypotheses in-market and refine your approach with our product team to develop best-in-world solutions. And, you’ll also make sure to capture the Merchant voice in everything we do at the nexus of Growth, Onboarding, Operations, Product, and Strategy.
You will report to the Director of Merchant Acquisition on our Merchant Strategy and Operations team.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Solve some of the most challenging problems at DoorDash and build our next generation of products and capabilities
- Use data-driven decision-making to run and scale experiments on everything from developing new incentive models for Sales to new self-serve tools for Merchants to improve their store pages
- Bring your ideas to life with a broad team including Product, Analytics, Merchant Services and Onboarding, Sales, B2B Marketing, and our Consumer Product team
- Operate at the lowest level of detail to understand the impact of your decisions and iterate given insights from data
- Create step-change improvement for our customers through regular engagement and operating at the lowest level of detail to identify their needs
We're excited about you because…
- You have an ownership mentality and are excited to think about problems using first-principles, inspiring action to create the future
- You lead from the front and inspire followership across levels and functions
- You're analytical and dig deep to understand a problem, using both quantitative and qualitative data
- You communicate early and often and can distill complex topics into a TLDR for stakeholders at all levels -- both written and verbal
- You have 6+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, operations, banking, technology, or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience and experience leading a team are a plus
- You can build a plan to hit your goals and consistently operate with focus and drive
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.