Corporate Safety and Security Senior Associate
About the Team
The Global Safety and Security team advances DoorDash through the protection of people, property, operations, brand, and reputation. We manage safety and security risk and provide value across the business through technology, and a people-first approach. Our team strives to always be in front, and there for our people anytime, anywhere.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an experienced Corporate Safety and Security professional to join our Global Safety and Security team. You will work with Global Safety and Security leadership to directly support the safety and security of our San Francisco, CA or New York City corporate office. We are looking for high-output production to include; development, implementation, and execution of Global Safety and Security's strategic goals. You will play an important part in the growth and expansion of DoorDash operations and will work with other Global Safety and Security team members, Workplace Strategy and Operations, Real Estate, and other key business partners.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Directly influence business development and guide safe and secure operations
- Help develop safety and security programs
- Use your experience building, implementing, and driving execution of safety & security programs
- Lead and supervise assigned Security Specialists and security contractors
- Oversee emergency response training and lead the site Emergency Response Team
- Help build comprehensive safety & security programs from the ground up
- Produce assessments for essential business interests and operations
- Assist with threat assessment, site-specific security risk analysis, and safety audits
- Guide situational understanding of safety and security risks for the business
- Develop operating procedures and program documentation
- Oversee badge issuance, access control, and guest management at the site level
- Partner with internal customers and teams to reduce loss and increase profitability
- Coordinate and lead security operations for on and off-site company events
- Establish and lead working groups that meet to understand strategies, roadmaps, and projects and advises on risk and actions to be taken
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have 3+ years of direct safety and security experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Are familiar with workplace safety and security strategies
- Have experience building, implementing, and measuring safety and security risks
- Have experience leading project development, contribution and completion
- Can understand and participate in tactics, operations, and strategy; excel at execution in service of a larger mission objective
- Are driven with a strong bias for action and have demonstrated experience setting and achieving aggressive performance objectives
- Have experience handling discrete information and working with confidential data
- Have exceptional written and oral communication skills, to include the ability to de-escalate tense or hostile situations
- Have experience using technology and data resources for analysis of loss
- Take ownership of your work and performance
- Have experience with loss mitigation strategies
- Have a very high level of execution and can work independently
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.