Associate Manager, Ads New Ventures
About the Team
Our Ads team operates at the intersection of e-commerce and advertising, surfacing and monetizing relevant content that benefits our core Advertiser and Consumer audiences. On the Ads New Ventures team, our mission is to design, test, launch, and scale new business lines + products to help Advertisers & Consumers thrive on the platform.
About the Role
As an Associate Manager, you’ll help scope, test, and operate the next generation of DoorDash's new advertising businesses, products, and services. You will report to the Senior Manager, Ads New Ventures, and lead cross-functional collaboration between DoorDash’s operations, sales, marketing, product, design, research, engineering and analytics teams to deliver our boldest opportunities in the Ads space.
You'll have the opportunity to help define new bets based on user needs, build MVPs, set + operationalize GTM strategy, collect live insights, improve operational performance, and influence strategic build, buy, partner decisions. This role is your chance to grow into the GM of bold ambitious ideas.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build – Conceptualize, build, and launch new bets at DoorDash
- Strategize – Shape the business unit strategy, influence the product vision, and develop GTM strategy for adoption
- Experiment – Scope tests and experiments to help us answer questions that require new data
- Execute – Drive pilot and build plans in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Analyze - Build models to evaluate product success and set new goals
- Influence – Build consensus among cross-functional partners, such as Product, Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Analytics teams as we grow ventures from idea to reality
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of experience in strategy & operations / product management / management consulting / mergers & acquisitions or related experience (preferable in the advertising or ad tech industry)
- You have a proven track record leading 0→1 projects, independently identifying, scoping, and proving performance for high potential concepts.
- You’re energized by diving into difficult problems with first principles and working cross-functionally with multi-disciplinary teams.
- You’re a logic & data-driven problem solver that can leverage Excel/Google Sheets to derive answers (SQL experience is a plus)
- You have a strong growth mindset.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.