Director, Financial Products
About the Team
At DoorDash, our customers are at the forefront of the product strategy. Our customers exist on three sides: Consumers, Dashers, and Merchants. We believe that the best customer experience is synonymous with the success of our business in the long run. This team owns the end-to-end Financial Products experiences that impact each of our customers in highly meaningful ways.
About the Role
You will guide our company-wide product strategy and execution for the Financial Products function. You will be responsible for best-in-class money experiences for our customers that are clear, reliable, and delightful, which include providing frictionless payment choices for our Consumers and effective products that address the financial needs of our Dashers and Merchants.
You will be expected to apply your deep expertise and keep your finger on the pulse of industry best practices, benchmarks, and the latest product approaches to bring true innovation. As DoorDash continues to scale and expand beyond serving as a food delivery company, this function and product leadership role have grown in significance within the organization to become one of the most mission-critical areas of the business.
You will report to the Vice President of Product, Dasher and Logistics and scale a team to support you in this role. You will be an essential partner to our Management Team and Product Leadership Team.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will:
- Invent the future.
- Drive “visible from space” impact that takes DoorDash to new heights.
- Manage, develop, and hire a team of all-star product managers.
- Drive the product definition, strategy, and long-term vision.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams of designers, operators, data scientists, and engineers.
- Communicate product plans, benefits, and results to all audiences - within teams, to the management team, etc.
We’re Excited About You Because You Have:
- Track record of impact – you’ve been in the trenches and have a proven track record of driving significant, company-wide impact.
- Bias to action and agility – you move quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment. No job is beneath you and you lead from the front.
- “Breakthrough walls” mentality – you are constantly pushing the envelope of what is possible and can figure out a way to make almost anything happen. You’re a playmaker.
- Clarity of thought – you can articulate a clear product vision to cross-functional partners Skilled executive management and communication, especially at managing up and across DoorDash and going toe to toe with our most senior leaders.
- Strong leadership and maturity to build (attract, hire, retain) and scale a world-class Product organization.
- Proven ability to create clarity and focus in complex and ambiguous problem spaces; prioritization and pragmatism.
- Demonstrated experience in building the team necessary to fulfill the strategy. Proactively involved in recruiting, mentoring, and developing team members.
- Customer and experience orientation.
- 4+ years of experience managing PMs.
- 10+ years of relevant PM experience.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash:
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.