Cost Accounting Manager
About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We're looking for a Cost Accounting Manager to work with the current team to drive process improvement and development of inventory cost accounting for one of our newest and fastest growing business lines.
About the Role
We are hiring a Cost Accounting Manager who will partner with the current team to help drive process improvement for our DashMart Inventory Management. You will work cross-functionally to achieve business goals by driving forward process improvements to ensure accurate inventory and COGS. You will report to the Cost Accounting Manager on our Accounting team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Participate in continuous development of accounting policies and standard operating procedures related to inventory management and cost accounting.
- Be a key contact for accounting on global warehouse operations, including but not limited to development of policy and coordination of Physical inventory & Cycle counts.
- Ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of month end close activities for inventory, and related inventory reserves and COGS, including journal entries, account reconciliations and roll-forwards.
- Key partner in managing COGS functions, including inventory transactions, gross margin analytics and variances.
- Assist in ensuring practices are in place to prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting, external auditors, and SOX requirements.
We’re excited about you because…
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Get-it-done mindset - you're able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Sharp business acumen and process-oriented
- Data-obsessed and unafraid to go down to the lowest level of detail for truth and high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- 8+ years experience in inventory accounting and control in a corporate grocery/retail environment
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB standards, SOX/internal controls
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa, GSuite preferred
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.