Manager, Portfolio Analytics
About the Team
The Facility ops, Real Estate, and Construction (FREC) team acts as an integral part of the DoorDash Strategic Finance team. We manage delivering best in class office and industrial space to support diverse and growing needs across the business. We build offices that are inclusive, inspirational, and functional, as well as industrial spaces that are efficient and adaptable. We want to remove any and all friction in the physical space that prevents our employees from doing the very best work of their careers, while minimizing cost and risk.
DoorDash is looking for a Manager, Portfolio Analytics to be a technical powerhouse and a BI focussed visionary to help us scale our reporting data infrastructure, dashboards, tools, and reporting to meet growing business needs.
What you will do
- Work with executives, business partners and stakeholders to understand data reporting requirements
- Have a passion for BI reporting / dashboarding and develop scalable and easy to use reporting solutions
- Manage reliability, operations and scaling of BI tools and the portfolio of reports
- Own and define business KPIs, their measurement plans, data requirements and reporting
- Build processes to ensure correct, timely and reliable reporting
- Address ad-hoc reporting requirements and find pathways for automation
- Work with Finance and Accounting partners to ensure proper budget forecasting and accruals.
- Build and enforce common design patterns to increase report reusability, readability and standardization
- Mentor and coach team members to improve their operations, designs, and solutions
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years experience working in business intelligence, data analytics, Data engineering or a similar role
- 3+ years of experience in building reporting and dashboarding solutions using tools such as Tableau, Sigma, Looker, Superset
- Expert in Database fundamentals, SQL and performance tuning
- Experience building reporting and dashboarding solutions with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with technical and non-technical teams
- Comfortable working in fast paced environment, self-starter and self-organizing
- Ability to think strategically, analyze, and interpret operational and financial data
- Strong understanding of Finance and Accounting principles
- You are located in or are planning to relocate to San Francisco, New York City, or Austin
- Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with ASC 842 lease accounting
- Experience with Real Estate Transactions, Construction, and/or Facility Maintenance
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python/Java (D3)
- Prior experience of reporting automation using Python, Terraform, reporting APIs
- Experience with SmartSheets, Workday, and NetSuite
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.