Business Development Manager
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in growing our New Zealand business! This is a rare opportunity for people who are excited about joining a fast-paced start-up and building something great! We’re looking for hustle, smarts, and deep market knowledge to enable us to best serve our consumers, Dashers, and merchants. Join our never-ending pursuit to better power economies in New Zealand and across the globe.
About the Role
We're looking for a Business Development Manager to help us connect more merchants with the powerful DoorDash delivery platform. At DoorDash, merchant partnerships play a critical role in strengthening operations and accelerating consumer growth.
As a Business Development Manager, you'll be joining a team of experienced sales operators who have excelled at signing the best merchants, at the best terms, with fast velocity. You'll be joining a team of highly competitive, driven individuals who have a passion for empowering local economies and growing DoorDash in New Zealand .
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Sell merchants on the value of partnering with DoorDash through revenue share agreements
- Own the end-to-end sales process for merchants
- Work autonomously towards your territory plan and goal
- Lead complex negotiations to structure industry-leading and mutually beneficial economic terms
- Accelerate a highly organised sales cycle with the goal of closing deals within a few weeks
- Uncover valuable information that can help increase the accuracy of anticipated outcomes in key negotiation
We’re excited about you because you have…
- 3+ years' experience leading end-to-end sales cycles and an impressive track record as a top performer
- A highly driven and ambitious attitude and will do whatever it takes to win
- Strong instincts in how to be strategic in leading client-facing conversations
- A strong background with sales experience (Salesforce is a bonus)
- Excellent communication skills- bilingual? Awesome...that’s a plus!
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.