Corporate Infrastructure Engineer
About the Team
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Infrastructure Engineer who will be focused on DoorDash’s IT Infrastructure. This role will build and scale our systems to support a fully automated infrastructure by leveraging various technologies. You will work closely with several teams here at DoorDash including (but not limited to): Security, IT, Network Engineering and Enterprise Systems.
About the Role
Our ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to identify problems and offer resolutions in a timely manner. You will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of corporate IT systems. You will report into the IT Infrastructure Engineering Manager in our IT Infrastructure organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Run and maintain our corporate infrastructure hosted in AWS
- Maintain and administer infrastructure deployment tools
- Be self motivated to build high quality, scalable systems with cross-functional teams
- Be able to think critically, get into the details and change directions rapidly
- Be able to handle multiple contending priorities and effectively plan your work accordingly
- Navigate existing technologies and quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- Make recommendations for the improvement and development of IT systems
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 4+ years of experience in an Infrastructure Engineering role
- You have demonstrated experience with Python, bash and other scripting fundamentals
- AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker and GCP systems/tools of high familiarity
- You have 2+ years of experience with Infrastructure as a Code tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi.
- You have 2+ years of experience working with microservices
- You understand that monitoring/observability is equally important. Experience with but not limited to tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios, Datadog, Splunk.
- You have experience in configuration management and security management
- You are a self starter with attention to detail who understands the value in system monitoring
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.