Talent & Rewards Cycle Program Manager
About the Team
The Talent Management and Rewards team creates people programs that grow, support and motivate employees so that DoorDash can achieve its vision of empowering local economies everywhere. The Talent & Rewards Cycle Team works cross-functionally to bring this vision to life with our premier program: the bi-annual talent and compensation cycles. Through this program, we drive critical top talent identification, distribution of meaningful rewards for top performers, and ultimately power our pay for performance philosophy.
About the Role
We are hiring for a Talent & Rewards Cycle Program Manager. In this role, you will be aligned to one of our most critical areas, our engineering and high volume hourly program. You will be responsible for leading and managing various strategic initiatives, including critical talent & rewards cycle-related projects, planning, and developing long-term solutions that scale across the business and drive efficiency. You will define, implement and determine the success of these critical initiatives from conception through delivery. This role will be highly cross functional and will have frequent interaction with senior stakeholders, and reports to the Director of Talent & Rewards Cycles on our Talent Management & Rewards team in our People organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop project timelines and manage reviews, approvals, stakeholder meetings, and creative presentations.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels to scope out, design, and develop a comprehensive program roadmap, collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with business priorities, customer needs, and market trends.
- Take ownership of the customer experience, proactively identifying opportunities to improve customer satisfaction and engagement throughout the program lifecycle.
- Develop employee personas and maintain a deep understanding of employee needs and preferences, using this knowledge to inform program design and optimize employee engagement across unique audiences, such as engineering, technical and hourly workforces.
- Develop and maintain a resource allocation model that accurately reflects program needs, enabling effective capacity planning, budgeting, and resource allocation to support successful program delivery.
- Continuously evaluate program performance, identifying areas for improvement in resource allocation, process efficiency, and customer and employee satisfaction, and drive necessary changes to ensure program success.
- Partner with department leaders, HR Business Partners and members of the talent and rewards cycle cross-functional team on cycle related matters to help refine programs and processes.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of experience in program or project management. You’ve managed cross-functional project teams and have deep experience in developing project plans that have cross functional dependencies and executing against those project plans with positive outcomes. Bonus for experience working with technical teams to build and implement customer-facing tools.
- You excel at stakeholder management. You have experience managing relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders in various levels and functions
- You strive for operational excellence. You are highly organized and care about the details. You have the ability to track and manage complex processes, and a desire to manage multiple programs.
- You solve problems from first principles. You are excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You are equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You do not hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you are just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You are unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, face paced environments. You can clearly translate vision into executable strategy and have a keen ability to deliver against a plan with a bias for action and clear milestones.
- You have outstanding communication skills. You are a clear and concise communicator who targets multiple audiences effectively through your strong written and verbal communication and presentations skills.
- You are passionate about fairness and equity. You are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and strongly believe that when we design a program, we need to do so with a diversity of experiences in mind.
- You are customer-centric and service-oriented. You listen to the voice of the customer and put the needs of the customer first to provide a seamless experience from start to finish.
Nice to Haves
- You have Workday experience
- You have experience building talent and/or performance management programs
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?