Manager, Revenue Operations & Strategic Planning, Ads & Promotions
About the Team
Our Advertising & Promotions team operates at the intersection of e-commerce and advertising, surfacing and monetizing relevant content that benefits our core audiences. We provide digital solutions to help advertisers reach DoorDash audiences.
This role will be responsible for all business performance metrics, revenue forecasting, sales planning, and OKR management.
About the Role
This role is a highly analytical, strategic, and cross-functional position that will enable the successful scaling of our Ads business. Specifically, you will:
- Own all business health and performance tracking. You will analyze data and represent its conclusions on weekly business reviews; identify leading and lagging indicators and perform ad hoc analyses to understand root causes of metric fluctuations; and work with analytics and data engineering to improve data integrity and reporting cadences.
- Partner closely with Finance on the business performance and operating cadence of the Ads business. You will devise and iterate on business health KPIs; own and track division-wide OKRs; represent business needs in regular Finance syncs; and build and manage our team’s P&L and budgets.
- Run quarterly and annual planning cycles. This includes translating tops-down revenue goals to segment-specific goals for Sales Ops & Sales Planning teams; leading intake processes, initiative sizing, and finance forecasting for upcoming projects; building weekly views of goal attainment; and aligning across Ops, Product, Sales & more during planning sprints and resourcing discussions.
- Coordinate closely with Operations, Sales, and Sales Ops on comp planning, incentive design, and other goal-attainment tracking.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build: You enjoy leveraging data to build insights, forecast performance, and identify trends.
- Truth Seek: You want to get to the lowest level of detail, and understand what is driving metrics and performance.
- Plan: You have experience in creating plans, determining the initiatives needed to hit business goals, and managing tradeoffs.
- Collaborate: You value cross-functional partnerships, and will thrive at working across Finance, Operations, Sales, and others to build goals and deliver results.
- Own: You are not afraid to own and explain business performance, revenue attainment, and progress towards goal.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of experience in a role in revenue operations, strategic finance, business planning, consulting, or financial analysis.
- You’re a data-driven problem solver who is fluent in Excel/Google Sheets and SQL; you’re eager to dive into difficult problems without a playbook, analyze data, and devise an action plan.
- You are detail oriented – you don’t shy away from getting into the lowest level of detail, implementing processes, and driving towards a desired solution.
- You have a proven track record of working cross-functionally and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment.
- You thrive while wearing multiple hats and working across a variety of projects and workstreams.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?