Senior Director, Tax Operations
About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our growing Tax team and be a part of the fun we are experiencing! The Tax team is deeply involved in the operations of the business that impact Dashers, Merchants, and Customers. As such an essential partner to the business, and a steward of DoorDash’s reputation with tax and other regulatory authorities, we are involved in the development of new products and services from the beginning, while ensuring proper tax reporting and compliance for the business overall. The tax function is highly regarded at DoorDash and we have a seat at that metaphorical table.
About the Role
DoorDash is seeking a Senior Director of Tax Operations to oversee the global tax reporting and compliance function and lead an incredibly experienced and dedicated team. This person will be responsible for driving the overall strategy and execution of tax-related financial reporting, worldwide income tax compliance, and tax forecasting. This leader will guide and inspire a high-impact team that continues to keep pace with the continual demands of our growing company, both domestically and internationally. In this role, you will report directly to the Vice President of Tax (who is not an accountant) and be an integral leader of both the Tax Team as well as the entire Finance organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Oversee quarterly and annual external financial statement reporting and disclosures, and internal financial forecasting for all taxes under US GAAP and Non-GAAP.
- Manage the overall execution of internal controls and SOX 404 compliance for the overall tax function and communication with external auditors.
- Oversee execution of worldwide income tax filings and ensure timely and accurate filings, including information reporting filings.
- Partner with the tax management team to develop and implement short and long-term strategies.
- Lead strategy and roadmap for cross-functional projects, process improvements and automation in alignment with other teams and functions.
- Model the prospective financial impact of various tax laws, proposals, and positions to provide a framework for identifying solutions to mitigate potential issues.
- Manage an excellent team of tax professionals; provide leadership, coaching and establish overall team objectives.
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners and leaders in Accounting, Finance, Legal and other internal teams.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 18+ years of relevant experience at a public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department of a multinational public company, including 3+ years of leading a team at a publicly traded company.
- You approach your role with a strong moral compass and integrity.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated understanding of tax provisions and reporting requirements.
- You possess the ability to build effective teams, ensure accountability, manage and improve processes and controls, and drive results in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills , a demonstrated ability to convey complex tax concepts to non-tax professionals and influence actions of others with logic and reason.
- You are confident in managing high-level internal and external stakeholders and have a reputation for working effectively with cross-functional partners.
- You have the ability to navigate broad challenges or opportunities and turn them into actionable projects with clear milestones and goals, with minimal guidance.
- You are able to balance attention to detail and swift execution.
- You are skilled at communicating complex issues in a comprehensible manner to non-tax accounting experts.
- You have a sense of humor, or at least a tolerance for those who think they do.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?