Senior Operations Manager, DashMart
About the Team
New Verticals is a new, lean team at DoorDash. We’re building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform.
About the Role
We’re looking for a people-focused leader and experienced operations specialist to lead some of our new DashMart facilities.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead: Recruit, lead, coach & retain a high-performing team of Operations Managers (4+ direct reports) Site Managers, and Operations Associates. As a leader, you are a culture carrier. The tone starts with you.
- Own: From first principles, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of 15-20 DashMart locations, ensuring all site processes run smoothly, efficiently and safely.
- Strategize: By designing, building and executing process improvement projects to drive operational efficiencies and improve employee experience.
- Delight customers: Work cross-functionally with central teams to ensure your portfolio of sites offer customers the best experience on each and every order and your team is equipped with the tools, resources and support needed to achieve these goals.
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous startup environments.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments. You are a data-driven problem solver with excellent Excel / Google Sheets / data analysis skills.
- You’re a proven leader. You have 5+ years of leadership experience and have managed leaders in an operations heavy environment.
- You go high and you go low. You’re able to flex between day-to-day operational details and strategic planning. You’re able to take insights from time spent on the floor and distill them into actionable and scalable initiatives for the business.
- You act like an owner. You take initiative to drive incremental improvement to the operation and manage the business as if it were your own.
- You must have a 4 year college degree.
- You have 7+ years’ experience: In Operations, Consulting, Strategy or a related field.
- You are within a reasonably commutable distance to a DashMart.
- If internal, you qualify for internal mobility guidelines.
- You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have a demonstrated interest in logistics, on-demand services, and marketplaces.
- You have operational experience in logistics and/or warehousing.
- You have multi-unit management experience
- You have built and trained high performing teams.
- You have familiarity with SQL.
Base Pay Range: $101,500 - $137500 / year + equity
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Something looks off?