Sr. Counsel, Ads & Promotions
About the Team
DoorDash’s Legal Team has built a reputation within the company for our highly collaborative and supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We are a diverse group of lawyers with a shared passion for providing creative and best-in-class service to our business partners. We go above and beyond to help accelerate and protect the business, and above all else, we value and respect each other as teammates. We’re looking for a team builder who can successfully work across the legal team, as well as the broader company. Join us!
About the Role
DoorDash is hiring an exceptional and experienced Senior Counsel, Ads & Promotions to join our legal team. You will partner closely with our sales, product, and strategy & operations teams that support everything related to our advertising and promotions business. This business operates at the intersection of e-commerce and advertising, surfacing and monetizing relevant content that benefits our core audiences. This role will provide all aspects of legal support to this developing area at DoorDash, including both commercial and product work, as well as partnering with the business on any operational and strategic risks.
We’re looking for someone with a strong work ethic along with excellent analytical and communication skills. The ideal candidate will be someone who is creative and thinks outside-the-box, is a self-starter who takes ownership over initiatives, and is hands-on taking into consideration the lowest level of detail.
You will report into our Vice President, Deputy General Counsel who leads our commercial as well as advertising & promotions legal teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Serve as the primary legal partner for the Ads & Promotions sales, product, engineering and strategy/operations teams
- Draft and negotiate strategic deals relating to advertising and promotions, strategic partnerships, agencies and product integrations
- Work with the product teams on their go-to-market work streams from end-to-end, identifying and addressing issues related to product offerings and feature development
- Partner with many cross-functional teams to provide legal and general risk guidance for issues concerning our digital advertising and promotions product
- Support the business in understanding and complying with the legal and self- regulatory requirements for online advertising and provide legal advice on a wide-range of related legal risks and issues
- Synthesize input from outside counsel, your own research, and feedback from internal stakeholders to provide practical guidance applicable to the teams you advise
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a J.D. and are admitted to any US state bar.
- You have 8+ years legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department, with experience in the digital advertising ecosystem.
- You have the ability to lead, organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively.
- You’re able to work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a proven ability to balance legal risk and business objectives.
- You love getting things right, but that doesn’t stop you from getting things done.
- You are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and have prioritized participating in DEI initiatives in past roles.
- You have a positive attitude and high EQ. No job is too big or too small!
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?