Systems Engineer, Workday
About the Team
As a Workday Systems Engineer, you will play an important role in the Corporate Applications Team within DoorDash IT. This role serves as a trusted business partner to implement systems and innovative process improvements.
About the Role
We are looking for a Workday Systems Engineer for the IT Corporate Applications team. The candidate will support DoorDash’s IT and People teams by building integrations and solutions within Workday and other ancillary HR systems. The ideal candidate will partner with various business users and be responsible for the full life cycle of Workday technical solutions. You will report to our senior manager of Corporate Applications on our Corporate Applications team in our IT organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be 100% remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Design and build integrations between Workday and various internal and external systems using Workday technologies including Studio, EIBs, Core Connectors, PICOF/PECI, etc.
- Design and build Workday Extend applications working with various business stakeholders.
- Support existing integrations and functionality by monitoring and being a point of contact for business teams for technical help.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather business requirements, design and implement solutions, conduct testing, and ensure successful release and user adoption.
- Recommend improvement opportunities and continuously innovate across the Workday platform.
- Serve as the integrations lead for all Workday upgrades, improvements, implementations, and releases.
- Partner with HR team to review security, business process overview and compliance efforts in alignment with audit requirements (SOC and SOX)
- Engage with the Workday community to understand technology capabilities and recommend solutions that address business needs.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 4+ years of Workday integration development and support experience with 1+ year of Workday Extend experience.
- You have an ability to manage confidential and sensitive employee information.
- Of your extensive knowledge and experience with Workday Studio, EIBs,BIRT Reporting, Core Connectors, PECI, and Cloud Connectors, Document Transformation.
- Your expertise in data transformation languages including XSLT, XTT/ETV.
- Your Expertise in building complex reports and dashboards using Report Writer.
- You have an ability to think outside the box in using Workday frameworks to automate and optimize processes.
- You have a functional understanding of core HR business terminology and practices.
- Of your proven ability to audit, maintain, and provide good judgment in utilizing confidential HR information
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
Something looks off?