Learning Experience Designer
About the Team
We're looking for a Learning Experience Designer to create new and continuing learning materials for employees and our customer support operations throughout the world.
What is Support Ops?
Support Ops is a passionate team that works to provide top-notch escalated support to DoorDash Customers, Merchants, and Dashers whose deliveries have gone awry. The Learning Experience Design Team enables support agents to feel confident in the solutions they provide to customers through new hire and continued education. We aim to be 1% better every day!
About the Role
An experienced Learning Experience Designer is creative and adaptive, with experience in new learning solutions and asset development. You have adult learning theory in mind. You enjoy partnering with Trainers and partners to up-level the state of current training resources. This is a full-time, salaried position that serves multiple lines of business.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Creatively identify design- and process-driven pain points and actively investigate potential learning solutions.
- Design and develop learning solutions for the optimal learner experience, following basic adult learning principles and conventions.
- Determine and implement changes to learning content based on performance data.
- Work backwards to author learning plans with performance-based learning objectives, development schedule with clear deadlines, and detailed measurement strategy for small to medium projects.
- Given a specific learning need, engage with SMEs to clarify content needed for small to medium projects.
- With some guidance, manage projects and stakeholders to meet project requirements and deadlines.
We're excited about you because…
- You love helping people and are passionate about education
- You seek development opportunities within the field of Learning Experience Design and excel with learning progressive trends in the industry
- You have a One Team One Fight mentality
- You have high bandwidth and no problem juggling multiple tasks at once
- You are a sponge, absorbing the deep knowledge of experts in diverse processes across Support Ops, and instilling them into concise and training materials
- You are not interested in the status quo. You love thinking about new opportunities or process improvement potential
- You are a writer who is talented at whittling complex ideas down to be concise with an eye for design
- You are a creative problem-solver
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design/Technology, Education, English, or related field.
- 3+ years of recent experience developing training programs and course materials, especially using Storyline 360.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?