Senior Manager, Dasher & Logistics - Financial Products
About the Team
At DoorDash we’re building the world’s leading last-mile logistics platform and we believe that in order to accomplish this, we’ll need to disrupt ourselves a few times along the way. This is a unique opportunity to help define and shape a fast-growing, global brand, and make a material impact on the future of work and last mile commerce as we know it. Our Dasher & Logistics Strategy & Operations team owns the end to end Dasher experience, from supply & efficiency to quality to pay to net-new bets.
About the Role
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial leader to lead a high performing cross-functional team, growing Dasher Financial Services by defining and testing our next big bets in the fintech space. You’ll be responsible for everything from ideation to implementation for our next biggest bet through our pillar that focuses on dasher success & enablement. These products will help dashers achieve their financial goals via access to earnings, rewards and new products.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own the end to end strategy and execution for delivering on a net-new reliable, efficient, and high quality products/services for Dashers
- Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment around where, when and how to innovate new products to deploy to our dasher fleet
- Operate at the lowest level of detail to understand the impact of your decisions and iterate given insights from data, you’re excited to dig into the details to pull out the real insights
- Work with a cross-functional team including product, marketing, analytics, finance, and product to bring solutions and opportunities to the business.
- Continuously engage and cultivate relationships with customers to understand their needs and identify strategic bets that can create step-change improvements for them.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a proven track record of leading new initiatives, delivering results, and succeeding in a team environment.
- You are able to analyze and synthesize data, make informed decisions and balance quantitative measurement with an empathetic, intuition-based mindset.
- You have 8+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, financial services, operations, technology, or related experience; experience leading a team is a plus
- You love thinking about problems from a first principles approach, and you aren’t afraid to take action and try new things in order to create the future.
- You are able to communicate complex topics in a clear, concise, and thorough way to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- You focus on getting stuff done and aren’t afraid to get into the details. No job is beneath you and you lead from the front and with optimism.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
Something looks off?