Software Engineer, Product
DoorDash is building the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're looking for experienced engineers to join our fast-growing engineering team to help us develop a 24x7, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
About the Role
Product engineers work at the intersection of product and infrastructure to solve key business problems with elegant technical solutions. You'll operate our backend services and architecture that support all product functionality and will be challenged to consider the big picture -- collaborating cross-functionally, as well as evaluating and executing on trade-offs to maximize business impact for the company.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Develop, release and run large-scale web applications
- Develop and define the backend architecture and tech stack for a product area
- Improve performance, reliability, scalability and security for our backend systems
- Be involved in transitioning our monolithic codebase to a microservice-based architecture
- Completely disrupt logistics by tackling bleeding-edge, technical problems
We're excited about you because you have...
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Prior experience working with backend tech stacks
- Ability to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Experience with service oriented architecture, writing REST API’s, unit testing, and architectural design
- Understanding of modern web stacks and architecture (HTTP, REST)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and other technologies (e.g. Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ)
Nice To Haves
- Experience building large scale, real-time applications
- Experience with Java/Kotlin
- Contributor to open source projects
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Something looks off?