The Finance team is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health and overall business activities. The team coordinates and directs all financial transactions in the accounting system as well as supports company wide goals and initiatives relative to the financial needs of all departments. The finance team assures that all transactions adhere to company policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and relevant authoritative guidance.
We are looking for a Director, Finance and Assistant controller to lead our Financial Reporting and Accounting functions. The primary responsibility is to ensure our quarterly and annual financial reporting meet both GAAP and Statutory financial reporting requirements. You will partner with our SEC Counsel, Financial Reporting and Analysis, and the Investor Relations teams and will play a leading role interpreting the latest GAAP standards and the application of these standards to support our financial reporting and footnote disclosures. This is a unique opportunity to be part of Clover’s growth and expansion, working closely with our leadership team generating financial reporting that supports the financial controllership and business objectives. This leader will also manage Tax Compliance and Strategy, Consolidation Accounting, Cost Allocations, Intercompany Pricing, SOX compliance, and strategic accounting analysis.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to join our Finance team as a Director, Finance and Assistant Controller. In this role you will report to the VP, Finance and Controller and lead a team of supervisors and their direct reports while also supporting investor relations and the CFO.
As a Director, Finance and Assistant Controller, you will:
- Lead the quarterly and annual financial reporting process, including ensuring the appropriate disclosures and reporting practices are implemented at SEC standards.
- Partner with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to provide actionable financial reporting to the management team, board of directors, and investors. Support the external audit of the company’s annual financial statements and quarterly review, including preparation of technical accounting memos and responding to auditor questions and requests.
- Research all significant accounting matters that may arise, including new rule adoption projects. Prepare technical memos and be the internal expert to advise on accounting impacts for the business.
- Support the management of functions within the Finance organization including Tax planning and compliance including Hong Kong.
- Quarterly statutory reporting and required financial CMS filings.
- Develop and manage financial reporting to support C-suite decision making and other various stakeholder requirements; including but not limited to Board of Directors, Department of Insurances, CMS, etc.
- Develop and maintain Sarbanes Oxley compliant processes.
- Lead Consolidation Accounting, Cost Allocations, and Intercompany Pricing, including the establishment and management of an intercompany pricing committee.
- Manage the accounting team including all monthly financial close processes.
You will love this job if:
- You have an understanding of and an excitement for technology’s potential to modernize many outdated facets of healthcare.
- You enjoy working collaboratively and building strong relationships across the organization.
- You are a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team in an unstructured environment.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- You are great at prioritizing and executing multiple tasks that adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You are excited to help build a developing department.
You should get in touch if:
- You have at least 10 years of progressive finance and accounting experience along with at least 3 years of experience directly managing SEC reporting.
- You have experience within the health insurance industry.
- You have worked in corporate Financial Reporting and have partnered with Investor Relations, SEC Reporting, Accounting, and senior leadership teams.
- You have advanced Excel skills and have a working knowledge of other Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint) and the Google suite of products.
- You are comfortable communicating and reporting to executive leadership.
- You are a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- You have a Master’s degree in Accounting preferred.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.