Medicare Advantage Plan CFO
Clover Health is a physician enablement company committed to bringing access to great healthcare to everyone on Medicare.
Our Medicare Financial Operations team works cross-functionally to deliver data, analysis, and insights that inform decision-making at the executive level. We use data to measure and improve performance on key metrics across multiple dimensions, including financial, operational and clinical. Our Medicare Advantage plans and associated membership are growing nationally and require dedicated finance and analytical support.
We’re looking to hire a CFO to lead financial reporting and decision-support for our Medicare Advantage (MA) line of business. You will own the development of local market performance financial P&Ls that will align to and help drive our strategic plan. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our company's growth trajectory and the lives of seniors nationwide, and the chance to be at the forefront of transforming the Medicare Advantage landscape through technology-driven solutions.
As the Medicare Advantage Plan CFO, you will:
- Financial Strategy: Develop and execute the financial strategy to drive MA revenue growth, operational efficiency, and profitability while aligning with Clover's overall goals and objectives.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with the Corporate FP&A team in leading the segment’s budgeting and forecasting processes, partnering with the segment’s department heads to establish financial targets and track performance against them.
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Provide insightful analysis of financial results, trends, and KPIs to support decision-making at all levels of the organization.
- Product Design: Support the actuarial and product teams in plan design and evaluation and assist in the full lifecycle of bid planning through AEP/OEP and implementation of benefit design.
- Investor Relations: Collaborate with Clover’s Corporate CFO and Investor Relations team by providing financial insights and updates on the MA line of business in order to best manage relationships with investors, analysts, and other stakeholders.
- Risk Management: Identify and manage financial risks, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Strategic Partnerships: Assess potential mergers, acquisitions, and strategic partnerships from a financial perspective, evaluating their impact on the financial health and growth prospects of Clover’s MA line of business.
You will love this job if:
- You are highly organized and logistically-minded. You don’t shy away from complex problems.
- You are strategically oriented, and able to identify where and when to focus your energy.
- You have a critical and analytical mindset. You understand how all the components of a process fit together and believe in the value of making data-driven decisions; you continuously monitor the efficacy of your programs through metrics tracking.
- You are agile and comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity and speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible finance leadership experience within the Medicare Advantage industry along with a strong understanding of the healthcare market.
- You have demonstrated success in financial strategy development, financial modeling, budgeting, and forecasting.
- You have at least 5 years of direct experience in BPO or BPaaS operations, preferably within the healthcare or insurance sector, and a strong understanding of vendor management.
- You are exceptionally analytical and have strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize complex financial information into actionable insights.
- You are an excellent communicator and presenter, with the ability to convey financial concepts to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- You have a strategic mindset with the ability to think creatively and contribute to the company's overall growth strategy.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.