Social Worker (LCSW)
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our Behavioral Health Team is a group of caring and passionate professionals dedicated to improving the lives of our most vulnerable members. We work closely with our clinical teams that consist of physicians, nurses, medical assistants, and others who provide both telephonic, virtual, and in-home clinical services to our members.
The team licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) is expected to provide (1) behavioral health case management services, (2) social services support, and (3) advanced care planning guidance to appropriate patients consistent with licensure, privileges, and scope of practice regulations.
*We are seeking candidates based in the following NJ Counties: Essex, Middlesex, Mercer, and Passaic County.
The LCSW is responsible for,
- Providing in-home and telehealth virtual visits to our patients. This position is primarily remote, but requires occasional in-home visits.
- Working as a member of the Interdisciplinary Care Team (IDT) to provide (1) behavioral health case management services, (2) social services support, and (3) advanced care planning guidance to patients and caregivers.
- Behavioral health case management services may include:
- Comprehensive behavioral health assessments, including mental status examinations and accurate diagnosis of Behavioral Health (BH) conditions.
- Development of behavioral health treatment plan(s) that connect patients with medical services, psychiatric services, addiction services, and other services as needed.
- Facilitation of linkages to psychiatrists, therapists, and behavioral health-related community-based resources.
- Follow up to ensure that (1) services are being furnished in accordance with individual care plans and that (2) treatment plans are appropriate with iteration as needed.
- Development and execution of crisis management and safety plans, including acute crisis management interventions.
- Social services support services may include:
- Providing education about community resources, entitlement programs, and health care benefits to patients and IDT members as needed.
- Advocating for patients to ensure that they have access to all needed care and resources within the community. When appropriate and feasible, the social worker will educate and encourage the patient and caregiver to advocate on their own behalf, fostering independence and empowerment.
- Collaborating with social services agencies and other community agencies on behalf of the patients and their caregivers.
- Advanced care planning guidance may include:
- Providing education to members about health care proxies/durable power of attorney, living wills, and decisions around hospitalization (e.g. do not hospitalize, do not resuscitate, do not intubate).
- Facilitating completion of health care proxy/durable power of attorney, living will, and POLST forms.
- Working with IDT to facilitate translation of prognosis determinations into advanced care planning discussions.
- Participating in ongoing professional development and self-improvement.
- Other projects and initiatives related to process improvement and clinical excellence as determined by your manager.
You should get in touch if:
- You have Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited program, required.
- You have a Current and valid LCSW in the State of New Jersey, required.
- You have the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, required; bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
- You have a Valid New Jersey driver's license, required.
- Your own reliable transportation to and from member homes, required.
- Must have three (3) or more years of experience providing clinical services as an LCSW in an inpatient or outpatient setting, required; experience in both inpatient and outpatient settings preferred.
- You have Experience in providing social services support, required. Additional experience providing advanced care planning services, preferred.
- Must be competent providing individual therapy.
- Must have knowledge of psychopathology including differential diagnosis and treatment techniques.
- You have Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with patients and colleagues alike.
- You have Basic proficiency in computer use, required; EMR experience, AthenaNet preferred.
- You are comfortable walking up at least 3 flights of stairs, as some residences may not have elevators.
- You are comfortable working with patients of diverse social, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.