Senior Data Analyst - Stars
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare.
Clover is a Medicare Advantage plan working to develop deeper insights to guide better health outcomes for our members through our integrated technology platform. We rely on our abilities to integrate standard health plan data (eligibility, provider network, claims, authorizations, etc.) with clinical information from provider health information systems.
The Stars Data Analyst will oversee the development and execution of operational reporting for Clover’s Stars program and will initially report into the Data team. In this role, you will be the expert on all Stars related reporting - maintaining Clover’s Stars projection tool, evaluating Stars initiatives to assess impact, and identifying new areas of opportunity. You will work cross functionally across teams spanning clinical programs, provider engagement, product, customer service, and analytics.
Clover's Data Team is charged with applying our data—our most important asset—to produce value for our members. From observing how the member experience impacts clinical outcomes to making our home visits more efficient and effective, our team pushes out automated and statistical insights central to executing on our main mission. And our impact is tremendous: you'll be able to point to one of our members and say, “I helped make that person's life better.”
Clover is built upon the belief that empowering the healthcare system with the right data, at the right moment, for the right individual will yield improved outcomes for our members.
As a Stars Data Analyst on Clover's Technology team, you will partner with product managers and technology partners to help generate insights from data, collaborate and lead QA, maintain data systems, and support the team in making data driven decisions.
This role will support the Quality and Stars team. This includes dashboard and reporting to establish cross-functional impact across all the specific LOB and focus on adherence to CMS requirements while meeting the needs of the organization.
As a Stars (Senior) Data Analyst you will:
- Own day to day oversight and management of Clover’s Stars projection tool.
- Monitor impact of operational initiatives related to Stars and support operations in the execution of key Stars measures on a regular cadence.
- Use data and analytical insights to define critical key performance indicators (KPIs) and build main operating dashboards to manage performance related to the Stars program.
- Present relevant strategies with analytical evidence and results to the executive leadership team.
- Meet with stakeholders to resolve urgent issues; ensuring high confidence level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Investigate and validate upstream data flows to ensure downstream data is fresh and accurate.
- Transform raw data into easy-to-read and actionable data sets to be used across multiple dashboards and projects.
- Act as the lead analytics point of contact for a line of business.
- Work with the Plan Team to provide feedback and identify areas of opportunity for improvement and Quality Assurance (QA).
- Collaborate with the Plan management team and IT leads to collect all relevant background information to troubleshoot issues, and notify stakeholders of resolution.
- Update Internal site (Confluence) for workflow and process communication.
- Assist in Plan Data projects and collaborate on project implementation.
- Develop and maintain adequate outreach systems and resources to assure timely and effective data collection, summarization, and reporting which includes, but not limited to, management and productivity tracking.
- Build and maintain dashboards to measure progress for various Plan Data projects and initiatives.
- Serve as a point of escalation for issues regarding reporting, outreach, or any additional blockers that may impact the health of projects.
- Work cross-functionally with all Plan teams on strategic initiatives and project implementations.
- Generate dashboards and reports to inform the product, using multiple BI tools.
- Support and implement QA plans to test features, find appropriate test data, and identify undesirable user experiences.
- Support maintaining data in product systems for streamlined user experiences.
- Work with multiple teams from both the business and engineering to support the data team’s needs.
- Work with multiple product teams and projects ranging from provider facing tools, evaluations, operational workflow tools, compliance/regulatory products, and critical vendor integrations.
- Intake of support issues during the early stages of new product launches ( eg. Direct Contracting, Telemedicine ).
- Documentation of standard operating procedures for new product processes.
You will love this job if:
- You enjoy solving complex problems and collaborating cross functionally to do it.
- You are an effective communicator both verbally and in writing.
- You are tech savvy and have extensive data experience.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can easily adapt to change.
- You're passionate and driven by Clover's mission. You're excited to create a significant impact on member experience and the business through building data products.
- You have an unsatisfiable curiosity and an appetite to learn.
- You have a passion for data driven decisions.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 5+ years of experience working in a managed care environment, such as Medicare Advantage, and/or with ACOs.
- You have direct experience working with Stars. (preferred)
- You have 5+ years of experience working in a data analytics role.
- You have 5+ years of advanced SQL and the ability to write complex queries.
- You have 5+ years of experience with data visualization tools, such as Mode Analytics, Tableau, Looker, and related BI platforms.
- You have 2+ experience with GitHub.
- You have 2+ years of experience working with Python.
- You have experience with clinical data analytics, clinical ontologies and terminologies, such as ICD-10, CPT, LOINC, RxNorm, etc. (preferred)
- You have startup experience in an entrepreneurial setting. (preferred)
- You have knowledge of and experience with operational and clinical platforms.
- You have knowledge of relational databases, data warehouses, and data management principles.
- You have knowledge and use of healthcare interoperability standards.
- You have experience coordinating business critical products on or ahead of schedule.