Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Preventative Care & Chronic Disease Management
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our Clinical Team is a group of caring and passionate professionals dedicated to improving the lives of our members by conducting in-home visits using technology, including telehealth. We’re looking for someone to join us in providing cutting edge patient-centered visits for our members.
As a Nurse Practitioner (NP), you will conduct a comprehensive health assessment (Clover Care Visits) on enrolled Medicare Advantage members. You will also conduct follow-up visits for the subset of Clover members recently discharged from a hospital or post acute care facility, or for high need patients. Assignment of visits will be based on staff availability and member needs. Visits will include comprehensive assessment of member health histories and current health care needs requiring further care coordination and management.
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will:
- Deliver preventive care to Clover members in the comfort of their home using Clover Assistant and EMR.
- Complete a comprehensive review and assessment of a member's medical history, physical health, environment and psycho-social status.
- Document progress notes, prepare member workups and encounter summaries using Clover Assistant and EMR.
- Help at-risk members transition from the hospital and other facilities to their own home.
- Create personalized care plans in coordination with the member's primary care physician.
- Actively close gaps in care, which may include ordering labs, writing prescriptions with collaboration of the Primary Care Provider or collaborating physician, and coordinating physician follow up.
- Perform point of care labs and diagnostic testing, such as A1c, spirometry, and other tests.
- Activities will support Clover Care Visit program goals including accurate documentation of member health conditions, high performance on federal quality measures, and successful referral to network providers and internal Clover clinical teams to improve care and outcomes.
- Coordinate and communicate with members’ interdisciplinary care teams
- Participate in regular ongoing training and meetings onsite and/or remotely.
You will love this job if:
- You have excellent clinical skills with knowledge of long-term care, geriatrics and chronic illness.
- You communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- You have terrific customer experience skills.
- You are tech savvy, comfortable using electronic health data, documenting in EMR’s, and utilizing video technology for telehealth visits.
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to change and deal effectively with stress.
You should get in touch if:
- You are based in the state of New Jersey, required.
- You are certified as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in specialty areas (required).
- You hold current unencumbered NJ Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- You have an active DEA and CDS registration.
- You have minimum of 1 year experience as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- You graduated with a Bachelor’s degree (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing.
- You have a Master’s degree in advanced clinical practice nursing or graduate of post Master’s certificate program for Nurse Practitioner.
- You have a current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS).
- You have home care experience, preferred.
- You are willing to travel to the member’s home and therefore must have reliable transportation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.