Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our mission is to improve every life by providing compassionate, reliable and equitable care to those who need it most. Our care model takes a team based approach that is aligned with the personalized needs, values and preferences of our patients, families and caregivers. Our Supportive Care interdisciplinary team includes physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, medical assistants, behavioral health specialists and others who collaborate and coordinate to provide home based care.
We are seeking Nurse Practitioners in Passaic and Atlantic County!
As an IHC Nurse Practitioner, you will:
- Be accountable for the care and outcomes of a cohort of patients to be managed directly, and in close collaboration with the Physician Team Lead.
- Meet key metrics as determined by the practice, such as ensuring our patients are enabled to stay at home whenever possible.
- Visit patients primarily in their homes, as well as through telehealth when appropriate.
- Actively participate in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) Meetings with an attitude of curiosity, and a willingness to teach and to learn.
- Contribute medical expertise during IDT to structure care plans that reflect:
- Patients' prognoses and disease trajectory, inclusive of goals of care and advanced care planning.
- Primary drivers of hospitalization/ED risk and interventions to mitigate these.
- Achieve high performance on CMS and NCQA-determined STARS and HEDIS quality metrics, respectively.
- Provide care that is consistent with medical evidence, including identified clinical protocols.
- Proactively involve other providers on the patients’ care team, including PCPs, specialists, home health, hospice and home care organizations.
- Determine the need for consultation from medical, surgical, rehabilitative, and/or psychiatric specialties, which may include deprescribing and simplification where clinically appropriate.
- Determine the need for and facilitate care by an emergency department, hospital, skilled nursing facility, home health agency, hospice and/or community-based organization as appropriate and consistent with patients’ goals of care.
- Provide medical administrative support, such as signing forms that may require signature.
- Complete documentation of all clinical encounters in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with practice standards, including proprietary Clover tools such as Clover Assistant.
- Collaborate with the practice Medical Director and Practice Manager in efforts of:
- Continuous quality and process improvement, including those related to the EHR and Clover Assistant.
- Ongoing evolution of the care delivery and operational models.
- Participate in the on call rotation as set by the Medical Director.
- Establish a positive image for the practice in the medical community.
- Behave in a way that espouses Clover values.
- Take on projects and initiatives requested by the Physician Team Lead, Medical Director and/or the leadership team.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about caring for our most vulnerable elders, including those with multiple chronic conditions, frailty, and advanced illness in the home setting.
- You enjoy team-based collaborative care across multiple disciplines and specialities.
- You love developing relationships with your patients and their caregivers.
- You embrace technology and clinical protocols as a means for driving high quality clinical care.
- You are flexible and comfortable working in an evolving environment that values continuous improvement.
- You embrace measurement and performance management to drive improved patient outcomes.
You should get in touch if:
- You are based in Northern or Central New Jersey (required).
- You have a BSN from an accredited program AND a master's degree in advanced clinical practice nursing or a post Master’s certificate (required).
- You have an active license to practice in the state of New Jersey (required).
- You have an active DEA and CDS registration (required).
- You have worked in a housecalls setting previously, fee-for-service and/or value based (preferred).
- You enjoy working with patients of diverse social, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.