Compliance, Information Security, and Privacy Specialist
Compliance at C Space is a fast paced, challenging and engaging environment where no two days are the same. We do business with established household names across the globe, and to do that we handle a variety of international laws, regulations, and codes of conduct. You’ll interact with every discipline and client across the business to put Compliance, Information Security, and Privacy first, with a personable manner and can-do attitude. You’ll learn about what it means to be a customer agency in a changing regulatory landscape and will collaborate across global departments and wider disciplines to solve complex and rewarding problems.
We are seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Compliance, Information Security, and Privacy Specialist. You will be a key member of the Global Compliance team responsible to ensure activities adhere to industry regulations and company policies. You will collaborate closely with other Compliance team members, internal and external stakeholders.
In This Role
Along with bringing your full self to work, you will support the Global Compliance leads with the everyday running of the business. This involves monitoring, reporting, and assisting in the development of compliance protocols to maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct and data security privacy while prioritizing and performing a wide variety of administrative and technical tasks.
- Risk Assessment: Assist in identifying and assessing compliance risks, and work with applicable stakeholders to address potential compliance issues, including third party management.
- Contract Review: Assist in contracts, agreements, and research proposals to ensure they align with compliance standards and requirements.
- Incident Response: Assist in incident response process in the event of security or data breaches, including investigation, containment, and recovery efforts.
- Training and Awareness: Assist in developing and delivering compliance training for staff to raise awareness and promote a culture of compliance within the organization.
- Quality Assurance: Assist in regular quality checks on research processes, access controls, and documentation to identify and address potential gaps.
- Audits: Assist in coordinating and participating in internal and external audit to ensure compliance.
- Communication: Build and maintain open lines of communication with various departments to provide compliance guidance and support.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay up to date with industry regulations and guidelines relevant to market research, such as GDPR, CCPA, PIPL and ESOMAR. Recommend improvements to our compliance positioning.
- Documentation: Maintenance of department’s policies, procedures, and plans.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 0-3 years of experience in an admin or support role
- Some IT knowledge and a passion for compliance, privacy, and security
- Experience in developing, reviewing, and implementing relevant policies and procedures and programs that meet compliance, privacy, and information security requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations and standards such as baseline working knowledge of one or more of the following: GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, SOX, SOC2 Type II, MA 201 CMR 17, ISO/IEC 27001/2 and NIST (a plus, but not necessary)
- Knowledge of information security processes such as Change Management, SSDLC, DRP, BCP, IRP, SIRT (a plus, but not necessary)
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated experience in communicating effectively in written and spoken form to broad internal and external entities
- Keen ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, with exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter and able to work both independently and in a team setting
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and a focus on creative problem-solving
- Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis on Outlook, Word, and Excel
- NOTE: This role is based in Boston, MA on a hybrid schedule. However, for the right candidate we are open to remote if you are not located in the Boston area (Eastern Time Zone highly preferred).
Learn more about what makes C Space who WeAre_ here: https://cspace.com/who-we-are/about/
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive business and we welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and walks of life – talented, creative people with their own voice, ideas and perspectives. So if you think you have the right skills and mindset for this position, whether through education, work or life experience, please apply.
Alongside a competitive salary we also offer a comprehensive benefits packages including:
- Generous PTO; including 10 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 5 floating days and 10 sick days each year + volunteer and bereavement days.
- Discounted medical, health and vision insurance
- 401k with a company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Family-forming benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Care@Work with Care.com
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee Assistance Program
- Established Employee Resource Groups
- Extensive Learning & Development curriculum
- Annual Wellbeing budget for each C Spacer
- Yoga @ work
- Culture committee, clubs, in person & virtual social events
In 2023, C Space has been recognized with our 3rd straight Best Company for Career Growth award, as well as Best Company for Diversity and Best Work-Life Balance by Comparably. Comparably Awards are provided yearly to top performing company cultures based on real feedback from our employees.
2023, 2022, and 2021 Best Company for Career Growth
2022 Best Company for Diversity
2022 Best CEOs for Diversity; 2021 Best CEOs for Women
2022 Best Work-Life Balance
About C Space
Our clients call us their customer agency.
We create rapid insight and business change, putting customers at the heart of companies and solving problems from the customer’s perspective. We keep our clients relevant by building real, ongoing relationships with customers that in turn help them deliver superior experiences, launch successful products and build loyalty. Our customized approaches are tailored to specific business needs and include online insight communities, immersive storytelling, data and analytics, activation events, innovation projects and business consulting. We do this for many of the world’s best-known brands – like Bose, Walmart, Jaguar Land Rover, Mars, Samsung, IKEA and more – to create “Customer Inspired Growth”.
We are passionate about our people and proud of our culture. We co-created a set of values to ensure that we are delivering fantastic work, continuing to learn and developing and building a high-performance culture which creates opportunities for those who work here:
- I’ve got this: taking the initiative; doing what we say we will
- Only accept awesome: taking pride in your work; creating value for our clients and company
- Show the love: being kind to others; taking care of yourself too
- Do what scares you: challenging ourselves, taking risks and embracing opportunities for personal growth
- Tell it like it is: caring enough about people and the work to provide meaningful feedback; speaking up when you have a different perspective
- Open up and listen: embracing feedback from others; working hard to understand different points of view
- Find what fascinates: being relentlessly curious; having a learning mindset
- We before me: remembering we succeed or fail as a team
- Leave your mark: driving results through your work; shaping our culture
C Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at C Space without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.
We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in London, New York, San Francisco, and Cologne. To learn more, visit www.cspace.com or follow us on social media! Learn more about our culture on TikTok @cspaceglobal and IG @cspaceglobal, and more about our business and thought leadership on LinkedIn. Want to see posts from other C Spacers? Check out #wearecspace on LinkedIn!