Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
About the role
This position sits in our Operations team and within the Core division - ‘Core’ stands for ‘Community Operations and Recruitment Excellence’. You will work closely with other members of Core and with the Consultants who liaise directly with our clients to solve business needs through speaking to consumers. Our consultants formulate and moderate projects, analysing the feedback and outputs to deliver actionable insights and recommendations based on the consumer. Our clients listen to and co-create with their customers in an ongoing iterative way to tackle different business challenges.
Much of our work is conducted through using online and offline methodologies. The Senior Project Manager plays a key role in managing the scoping, costing, set-up, recruitment and organisation of all new fieldwork projects - Big Talks, ethnography, IDI, focus groups etc., which take place anywhere in the world.
The role involves:
- Management of junior members of the Core team, providing personal development, coaching and general support.
- Empower, grow, develop team through living the C Space behaviours, leading by example and instilling trust and confidence in those around you
- Resourcing and project allocation across Core. Triaging workload as it lands, running team meetings, and managing workload crunches with internal stakeholders
- Building and rolling out efficiencies to the team and training less experienced members in our ways of working, and specifically the C Space processes.
- Successful project management & recruitment for fieldwork projects
- Facilitating and detecting project goals from a kick off meeting, staying on top of scope change and managing budgets
- Acting as the primary contact with both internal and external stakeholders during the course of the project (i.e. consultants, recruitment agencies, venues). This is a non client facing role, but we perceive the consultants as our clients and strive to provide a high quality service
- Liaising with recruitment agencies, venues and other internal and external services worldwide to advise and make sound recommendations to consultants
- Sourcing new partners and venues as we expand our global offering
- Managing the recruitment process providing guidance, fresh ideas and sources, and troubleshooting where needed
- Ensuring the Core team provide best in class fieldwork support and solutions to the consultants in areas such as feasibility and costing, compliance, screener writing, incentive management, workshop selection, etc
- GDPR awareness, including focus on maintence & adoption of compliance regulations
- Lead the partnership and ongoing collaboration with US acquisition team
- Escalation point for any recruitment or consumer issues on projects run from the London office
- Partner with consultancy teams to continuously analyse ways of working & develop ways process for operational excellence
- Run Core trainings and other Core company wide initiatives that related to consumer attraction.
- Confidently and competitively cost and scoping new fieldwork projects to support proposals as they go out
- Drive team objectives and champion best practice in consumer onboarding
- Think commercially about the team, monitoring fees & expense expenditure on projects and ensuring budgets are not exceeded
What matters most is your attitude. You are a self-motivated person who is service-oriented, has experience working with customers and loves to solve problems and assist people. You are highly organised and enjoy all the twists and turns involved in managing projects in a fast-moving business. You are flexible and have a growth mindset as well as strong attention to detail when it comes to creating and checking documents, and are also comfortable working in Excel and open to exploring with C Space proprietary tools & systems. You whole heartedly agree that relationships are the source of results and have a track record for fostering relationships across teams as an enabler for project successes.
You have experience in qualitative and/or quantative fieldwork and are an expert project manager. You relish the opportunity to further develop your expertise in a creative environment. You work well within a fast paced, young and ambitious team. You are an excellent communicator, negotiator and build relationships proactively to become a true partner and advisor to our consultants and their clients. You are super-organised and like the idea of working in an environment where you can develop your own systems and processes to ensure that our communities and projects run like clockwork, where stakeholders are constantly delighted by the quality, cost and speed that consumers are found.
You remain calm and professional at all times, and work enthusiastically with colleagues to solve problems as they arise. You are a team player and have the emotional intelligence and ability to switch between displaying strong customer service and being assertive in your decisions.
You have a track record of running successful initiatives which have driven behavioural or process change within a business which have led to significant time efficiencies or unlocked new opportunities for growth or cost savings. You’re viewed as a real expert when it comes to maximizing consumer engagement, are fast learning and enjoy coaching and up-skilling others in your craft.
Our offer to you
We pride ourselves on our friendly but high-performing culture. We love people who are self-starters, see the glass as half-full and thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We tend to attract people who are curious about the world and who have been able to match this curiosity with the ability to problem-solve challenges for clients in marketing and insight departments.
We are passionate about our people and proud of our culture. We have six behaviours to ensure that we are delivering fantastic work, continuing to learn and develop and building a high-performance culture which creates opportunities for those who work here:
I’ve got this: taking responsibility, doing what we say we will.
Only accept awesome: delivering high quality work that we are proud of and has impact.
Show the love: celebrating successes & ensuring everyone has a voice.
Do what scares you: challenging ourselves, taking risks and learning more.
Tell it like it is: being honest and freeing ourselves from "office politics" and "hidden agendas”
Open up and listen: Listening first and fully before we respond or react
Alongside a competitive starting salary, we offer a comprehensive suite of benefits, including a contributory pension with Aegon, Aviva private medical insurance with dental and optical allowances, a health cash plan, a cycle to work scheme, volunteering days, paid sabbaticals, enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental pay provisions, and regular company socials, including our Summer Sports day and renowned Christmas parties.
We are very keen to receive applications from people with a full range of life and work experience – talented, creative people with their own voice, own ideas and perspectives. Therefore, if you wish to you can submit a skills-based CV or cover letter instead of a more traditional CV then please do! All applications will be considered equally.
C Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of ethnicity, sexuality, disability, age, religion or any other protected characteristic.